Thursday, November 4, 2010

Putting the Finishing Touches on our APPROVED Home Study!

I just received word from our social worker that our home study has been completed and was APPROVED! Yea! She has forwarded it on to the person that will be translating it into Chinese for a final review, but we should have it by the end of today or Friday. I am so excited that we are almost done with the home study phase of the adoption process. It's nice to feel like we are moving forward. Although we are completely new to the whole adoption process, I hear the next step is to send in our completed home study with our I-600 A form to the USCIS. I have completed the form and am ready to mail once I receive our actual home study. We need to send in $830 to the USCIS when we submit our form. Our wonderful neighbors have already donated $288 to go towards our fees, but we are scrambling to come up with the rest so we can mail our form. Please pray that the Lord will provide the funds for this. Also, if you are able and would like to contribute, please click on our chip-in button to the right. All money will be sent securely via PayPal. Thanks for all your support!

1 comment:

  1. Yea! Don't you love good news? Who translates it? Is it Sabrina? I never knew. The really good news is that you do not have to have your I600 approval for them to pre-approve you. Or at least start the process. So as soon as that Home Study is mailed off you can really start waiting...hurry up and wait.

    ReplyDelete