Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Quick Update with More to Come...

I cannot believe it has been nine days since my last blog! I have been meaning to post more pictures, but we have been so busy. Trina is doing great. She is very smily and is very open to each member of the family, which I am so grateful for. She does get in an occasional disagreement with Christina, who she shares the room with, but they are the closest in age on top of sharing the room, and I would expect some bickering here or there. Most of the time, they play great. She is eating very well and loves to wrap little Christmas presents for her family. We had a wonderful time picking out our Christmas tree and decorating it. She was very excited about the lights on our house as well. Homeschooling has been going well so far, too. Christina's teacher said Trina could participate in her class's student store every 2 weeks. I handle the student store, so this was a great relief and help. Trina loves earning student dollars for reading and doing some school lessons with me. We are having the most difficult time with the sleep schedule. She simply does not want to go to bed at night. I let it go the first week, sympathizing with the time change and thinking that having to wake up in the morning to take the other two girls to school would fix the problem; however, it is a lot worse this week. She will not let Christina go to bed at night, and Christina is very overtired. Then, this morning, Trina would not wake up to take the girls to school and come to work with me. I had to carry her (all 60 lbs.) into the car with only her pajamas on and jacket and shoes in hand. My back is hurting a bit. Hopefully, tomorrow will go better. Please pray that she will adjust soon to our sleep schedule. Everything else is going very well, and we are so blessed to have our little Trina finally home. I will post pictures tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for all your prayers. They are so appreciated, and we are so thankful for every one of you.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home. I'm glad to hear that you are all adjusting so well. The sleep will come. (Hopefully :) ).

    ReplyDelete