Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Practice! Practice! Practice!

Normally, this is what I would tell my kids when they are having a hard time mastering some skill."Don't worry. Keep practicing and you will master that skill in no time." I am discovering that, while this may be true of most things, this is not true when it comes to learning to wait patiently. When I first started the wait for our final decree, I was quite proud of myself for waiting so patiently with a peace that surpasses all understanding and a smile at the future; however, as I "Practice! Practice! Practice!" this waiting thing, I find a very disturbing picture of myself emerging. The person in this picture seems to have a wrinkle intruding on the space between her brows scattering the peace that I would like to think normally resides there. Also, this person seems to be tapping her foot impatiently at the future instead of smiling at it. Yes, I have to admit it. "Practice! Practice! Practice!" does not always work, especially in this case. I seem to be worse at waiting now than I was at the beginning. I'm sure when the wait is all over, I will look back and say that this experience has made me a better "waiter"-yeah, right!

Anyways... I have asked for some more details from our adoption coordinator as to why the wait is taking SO LONG. She says the courts don't show that there are any problems with any biological relatives stepping forward. Also, the new law in Taiwan stating that a child must be available for adoption to local Taiwan families first before being adopted internationally does not affect us since our case is already in process. OK. This is all good news, so what is taking so long?! Apparently, the social worker that is working on our case over there is just taking a REALLY LONG time to get her reports back to the court. As far as we know, everything else is proceeding as normal. To all of you that have been praying for us, a huge THANK YOU! It means so much to us. Please pray for the social worker as well. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment