Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Very Slight Change of Plans...

We found out that AIT will be closing for Thanksgiving 11/24-11/27 and are even thinking of a half day on 11/23. 11/23 was supposed to be our AIT appointment, and we were originally hoping, but not guaranteed, to have our visa the same day to come home in time for Thanksgiving. We have decided that this is too much of a risk, and it is likely that we would not be able to come home until the following Monday. Therefore, upon our adoption coordinator's recommendation, we have changed our "gotcha day" to 11/29. We will leave 11/27 for Taiwan, and return with our Trina on 12/3. I suppose after this long wait, one more week should be bearable. I was also concerned because we were having a lot of family out for Thanksgiving, and I thought it might be overwhelming for her to come home to all that the very first day. I think this is for the best. I can't wait! It's not long now and I'll have my third precious jewel home and in my arms. Yea!

2 comments:

  1. You guys have been so patient...so, so, so patient! Just a few more weeks and she'll be in your arms. One month from now you will all be home and getting settled in! I can't wait to see her again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! It's so close! And Trina will be home for Christmas! I cannot wait to see photos of your trip and your girl home!
    Blessings,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete