Friday, November 4, 2011

Visiting an Old Friend...

Little does my Trina know, but yesterday I was able to visit with an old friend of hers from her orphanage. This little girl, who we'll call JP, was just adopted last July and lives about 20 minutes away from our home and 5 minutes away from my daughters' school. Wow!

I went in to talk with our social worker the other day to get tips on travel and those first days home with our daughter. Our social worker is wonderful and always has a wealth of tips to get us going on the right track. Anyways, I will be homeschooling Trina for the rest of this school year, and Rhonda recommended I talk with this other mom who was homeschooling her little girl just brought home from Taiwan. It turns out that this little girl was at the same orphanage as Jing-Qi and that they know each other. She even has a picture of the two of them together! JP is just blossoming with her new family, and it was tremendously helpful to visit with them and glean from JP's mama's experience. I am so excited at the possibility of getting these two together again in the future and sharing their common background and experiences. Lord, you are awesome!

Please continue to pray for the rest of our process, that our travel will go smoothly, that there will be no hiccups with our AIT appointment, and that the Lord will prepare all of our family's hearts as well as Trina's heart to accept and love one another and become one united family. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool. I think that will be especially helpful for Trina to have a friend so close by. I can't wait to hear about your trip.

    ReplyDelete